Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring Has Arrived!

Spring is always a welcomed season!  Every Islander looks forward to bringing out their flip flops, cranking their boats up, and throwing on a tank top or bathing suit.  Here on Yonges Island you know Spring is in the air when you hear the buzz of bumble bees, smell the wisteria about to bloom, and see buds on the dogwood trees...oh and when your husband is practicing his turkey calls :)


The insects have begun to emerge...



Time to bring out the mason jars to collect caterpillars...I think we have about 7 right now!

One of my mother-in-laws beautiful roses

Not sure what kind of flower this is, but thought it was pretty leaning against the post...from my mother-in-laws yard.

Time for lazy Sunday afternoon naps...

We are all too familiar with the pollen in the air...we are reminded of it daily when getting in the car.  I have to run my wipers every morning to get the fresh layer of pollen off the windshield...be careful wearing white ladies!

Oh how I look forward to blackberry picking!  I drive past this field full of blooms promising me blackberries in a couple of weeks...



The azaleas were a little late blooming this year, but it was well worth the wait!  If you haven't been to Azalea Park yet, you need to make the trip!  It is in full bloom and beautiful!


Enjoy your Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment